Message from the CEO
Vaccines are one of the most important inventions in the past centuries. The successful vaccines save millions of lives by eradicating the epidemic and pandemic diseases. I left the research field and formed VLP Therapeutics because I am committed to developing the next generation vaccine technology to treat the diseases that currently lack effective treatment. We believe that our i-αVLP vaccine technology has a potential to create a breakthrough treatments and make significant contributions to the improvement of global public health.
VLP Therapeutics, LLC (VLP) was established in 2012 by seasoned biopharmaceutical veterans with mission to develop innovative medical treatment which transforms traditional vaccine and targeted antibody therapies to address global unmet medical needs. Its vision is to combat the 21st century global public health problems through revolutionary next generation i-αVLP (inserted alpha VLP) Technology. The company is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Founders / Management
VLP’s management consists of highly experienced scientists and business executives who possess a proven track record of successfully establishing and managing two biopharmaceutical ventures.
Our executive officers are as follows:
- Stanley Plotkin, M.D., Scientific Advisory
- Kazutoyo Miura, M.D. National Institutes of Health
- Fidel Zavala, M.D., Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Michael G. Rossmann, Ph.D., Hanley Professor of Biological Sciences, Purdue University
- Todd Chappell, Ph.D., Consultant, BioHealthInnovation
- Becky Divine, Ph.D., Regulatory Consultant
- Karen Goldenthal, MD, Clinical Consultant
- Sandra Morseth, Ph.D., Toxicity Consultant